Post-Sandy: VOLUNTEER and Support Local BusinessesNEWS, News Right Saturday, November 3rd, 2012
Power may be back, but Chinatown and the Lower East Side still need assistance for the neighborhood to recover as soon as possible.
(With information compiled by miLES; to be updated as information comes along)
- Food and water will be distributed from 1-5pm at these locations: Confucius Plaza; Catherine between Cherry and Monroe streets; Pitt and East Houston; 413 Grand Street (water only).
- Henry St Settlement at 265 Henry St is distributing food until 3pm.
- Two Bridges Neighborhood Council at 275 Cherry is collecting donations.
- At this time, CAAAV no longer needs donations or volunteers but requests that help be sent to other areas hit hard by the storm. See Occupy Sandy.
- Rutgers Houses on 200 Madison are in dire need of donations, especially blankets. They will be collecting food, water, and whatever else you can give until 5pm. Volunteers, especially if you have a car, will also be needed to help bring food to other buildings in the area. Cantonese and Mandarin speakers also needed.
- The Bowery Misson needs fresh meat to prepare meals, hats, gloves, socks, and blankets. More on where to drop off and how to volunteer here.
Since many businesses are opening today, please help support them. If you’re eating out, come to Chinatown.Tweet
Short URL: http://www.ourchinatown.org/?p=13047